![]() |
| The sinners: Ike (left); Hershey (back) |
Email to sara from 9/1/09
so tuesday starts with the next door family's car fire on their big red suv. mom and i got up- since i was afraid it was the dogs... doing what? i don't know.
i go to the XXXXX house... all is well.. until ike decides to find- the little animal... and torture it again.. then he proceeds to bring it over and over again to the porch.
at this point the body is lifeless.
i call mom, she doesn't know what to do, except offer to take it away.
meanwhile- i don't want him to leave it on the porch, yet he keeps picking it up- carrying it- etc.
anyway- yeah, i basically watched him eat it in front of me.. b/c i kept yelling bad dog, leave it, drop it...
he knows none of those commands... even bad dog.
so- i put him in the cage... took hershey for a walk... (which i don't mind... hershey just likes to mark his territory which is fine by me...)
... and- ike can digest yet another small animal.
on my way out- i looked in mr. graham's garage of crap- (although organized)... and found a baseball diamond, then put it on top of the "spot" where those animals were coming from.
i guess it's too little too late... but- they can come cut the grass and drive over the baseball diamond... i don't mind.
I think Hershey may have watched the Kennedy funeral because I left the tv on for him- in case he was lonely.
but really- do i have to watch that much death?
buxte is human and good.
these dogs... are savage beasts with no compassion for humankind.
that- and i am now disgusted at how similar buxte's chipmunk squeaks just like a real baby chipmunk.
hope you have a better day than i do.
love,
a
i go to the XXXXX house... all is well.. until ike decides to find- the little animal... and torture it again.. then he proceeds to bring it over and over again to the porch.
at this point the body is lifeless.
i call mom, she doesn't know what to do, except offer to take it away.
meanwhile- i don't want him to leave it on the porch, yet he keeps picking it up- carrying it- etc.
anyway- yeah, i basically watched him eat it in front of me.. b/c i kept yelling bad dog, leave it, drop it...
he knows none of those commands... even bad dog.
so- i put him in the cage... took hershey for a walk... (which i don't mind... hershey just likes to mark his territory which is fine by me...)
... and- ike can digest yet another small animal.
on my way out- i looked in mr. graham's garage of crap- (although organized)... and found a baseball diamond, then put it on top of the "spot" where those animals were coming from.
i guess it's too little too late... but- they can come cut the grass and drive over the baseball diamond... i don't mind.
I think Hershey may have watched the Kennedy funeral because I left the tv on for him- in case he was lonely.
but really- do i have to watch that much death?
buxte is human and good.
these dogs... are savage beasts with no compassion for humankind.
that- and i am now disgusted at how similar buxte's chipmunk squeaks just like a real baby chipmunk.
hope you have a better day than i do.
love,
a
--------------------------
email to sara 9/3/09
so i've been dog sitting since last fri. and somehow- that has taken over my life.
i think- well, first off- i felt sorry for the dogs.
then on sunday night- little one- the puppy decides to go digging in the yard and "finds something"
then... he's carrying around- little animal.. i have to think- chipmunks burrow in the ground?
anyway- and i'm screaming for dear life- and... he's presenting it to me on the porch... and... well, i think he ate it.
then monday- you'd think i'd have gone out there to "fix the hole"... no no, the night before, with me standing on chairs, freaking out- telling the other big ogre of a lab that he's my favorite and singing him songs.... that yeah, i'm in no way going to go out there and "see what's there".
so- oyyy. little one, his name is ike... goes back for round 2. digging etc.
he doesn't listen to my commands... he's a freaking puppy who was sent to boot camp which did not boot his camp if you know what i mean.
oyyy, training has to continue at home.
so- dog finds little rodent... and this time- the poor thing is squeaking (the rodent not the dog).. and ike thinks he's a genius for bringing it to the porch etc.
basically... i think he's eaten it- and again, i put him in his crate, refuse to let him touch or lick me.. such is.
then.... for whatever reason i think we're safe tues- and what? ohhhh, after breakfast ike goes... this time carries the thing around, to more tortured squeaking- and... sigh... i see that he eats it.
i tell him no no , get rid of it- drop it... i'm thinking ok.. i can get a shovel and bury it- or throw it in the neighbors yards... but no no, he freaking eats it.
and... of course this is after numerous trips to the porch to show me... and i'm screaming... meanwhile big oaf dog looks at me like im' nuts.
(word is he's gay too... ie: he wasn't neutered and was going after ike... and well, boy on boy is not good, and oyy why don't you neuter dogs??!??!!?)
so- i like hershey- big oaf... he's got a funny face and crossed eyes and i feel for him.. :) he's been my friend this week.
but ike... has now consumed rodent #2 or 3... who knows.
so- i get a baseball diamond out of their garage (the dad's a coach)... and ok... cover the spot... the lawn mower people come- and i figure- ok. we're safe.
and... i start to forgive ike although really- no licking is allowed.
AND... today- wednesday is digestion day. he's projectile pooping diarrhea style. i was there... then had to let house cleaners there, so .. uh within an hour.. he accidents in his cage. then... uhhhh, i have to .. take the bedding out- try to figure out how to use her washing machine... seriously- my neighbor turned off the water.. .so freaking- i was running the washer with no water and wondering WTF... why it wasn't cleaning.. so i'm out there with hose, putting detergent on the bed.... sprayingpoop off the bed... we're talking... wow, the rodent took a flying leap out of his stomach, happy digestion/protein and all.
so- sigh... ok, i'm thinking crisis averted.
i go home... see my dog, tell her how great she is..etc.
then, i decide to go there before i go to the gym... and this is not two hours later... i go check to see if the bedding is dry- etc... ok.
then i go to the gym.. when i come back... agian, the house smells like pooooO!
and... here we go again... projectile butt vomit.. and this time- it's on the other bedding and... the bottom of the cage.
i'm disgusted... clean it all up again... again, get out and do the hose spray... then, at least this time i know how to do the bedding...
... and i call the vet.
ohhhh, the vet is like- yeah... he tried to eat rat poison a month ago, we're familiar.... and apparently there was baby bunnies eaten in the past too.
OYYYY VEYYYYY and some.
so, now ike is taking some... anti-projectile poop medicine.. and i've got two more days left.
dog fam is supposed to be home friday sometime... the son, so he can deal with all this crazy drama....
(watch the dog be perfect for... the fam.. and just wanted to torture me... i know how dog mind control is- my dog is amazing.. she's interesting and smart...!)
---------------------------------------------
email to Sara dated 9/4/09:
email to sara 9/3/09
so i've been dog sitting since last fri. and somehow- that has taken over my life.
i think- well, first off- i felt sorry for the dogs.
then on sunday night- little one- the puppy decides to go digging in the yard and "finds something"
then... he's carrying around- little animal.. i have to think- chipmunks burrow in the ground?
anyway- and i'm screaming for dear life- and... he's presenting it to me on the porch... and... well, i think he ate it.
then monday- you'd think i'd have gone out there to "fix the hole"... no no, the night before, with me standing on chairs, freaking out- telling the other big ogre of a lab that he's my favorite and singing him songs.... that yeah, i'm in no way going to go out there and "see what's there".
so- oyyy. little one, his name is ike... goes back for round 2. digging etc.
he doesn't listen to my commands... he's a freaking puppy who was sent to boot camp which did not boot his camp if you know what i mean.
oyyy, training has to continue at home.
so- dog finds little rodent... and this time- the poor thing is squeaking (the rodent not the dog).. and ike thinks he's a genius for bringing it to the porch etc.
basically... i think he's eaten it- and again, i put him in his crate, refuse to let him touch or lick me.. such is.
then.... for whatever reason i think we're safe tues- and what? ohhhh, after breakfast ike goes... this time carries the thing around, to more tortured squeaking- and... sigh... i see that he eats it.
i tell him no no , get rid of it- drop it... i'm thinking ok.. i can get a shovel and bury it- or throw it in the neighbors yards... but no no, he freaking eats it.
and... of course this is after numerous trips to the porch to show me... and i'm screaming... meanwhile big oaf dog looks at me like im' nuts.
(word is he's gay too... ie: he wasn't neutered and was going after ike... and well, boy on boy is not good, and oyy why don't you neuter dogs??!??!!?)
so- i like hershey- big oaf... he's got a funny face and crossed eyes and i feel for him.. :) he's been my friend this week.
but ike... has now consumed rodent #2 or 3... who knows.
so- i get a baseball diamond out of their garage (the dad's a coach)... and ok... cover the spot... the lawn mower people come- and i figure- ok. we're safe.
and... i start to forgive ike although really- no licking is allowed.
AND... today- wednesday is digestion day. he's projectile pooping diarrhea style. i was there... then had to let house cleaners there, so .. uh within an hour.. he accidents in his cage. then... uhhhh, i have to .. take the bedding out- try to figure out how to use her washing machine... seriously- my neighbor turned off the water.. .so freaking- i was running the washer with no water and wondering WTF... why it wasn't cleaning.. so i'm out there with hose, putting detergent on the bed.... sprayingpoop off the bed... we're talking... wow, the rodent took a flying leap out of his stomach, happy digestion/protein and all.
so- sigh... ok, i'm thinking crisis averted.
i go home... see my dog, tell her how great she is..etc.
then, i decide to go there before i go to the gym... and this is not two hours later... i go check to see if the bedding is dry- etc... ok.
then i go to the gym.. when i come back... agian, the house smells like pooooO!
and... here we go again... projectile butt vomit.. and this time- it's on the other bedding and... the bottom of the cage.
i'm disgusted... clean it all up again... again, get out and do the hose spray... then, at least this time i know how to do the bedding...
... and i call the vet.
ohhhh, the vet is like- yeah... he tried to eat rat poison a month ago, we're familiar.... and apparently there was baby bunnies eaten in the past too.
OYYYY VEYYYYY and some.
so, now ike is taking some... anti-projectile poop medicine.. and i've got two more days left.
dog fam is supposed to be home friday sometime... the son, so he can deal with all this crazy drama....
(watch the dog be perfect for... the fam.. and just wanted to torture me... i know how dog mind control is- my dog is amazing.. she's interesting and smart...!)
---------------------------------------------
email to Sara dated 9/4/09:
so my crazy thursday happened because i had a lesson in philadelphia and knew i had to get there as early as possible because my friend had to move that day. i wanted to give the dogs enough time, especially because ike had his poopy wednesday- and well, i figured he needed it.
i decided to take both dogs for a walk together- since i had done this successfully a number of times. they like going around the block- i had done days where they would go separately- but it would make me sad to leave one behind. especially hershey because he does the sad eyes.
so- we walk around the block- and my goal is to get ike to let it out- so that he would not have problems in his cage again.
... we get around the block without too many problems- then we're in front of my house which is across the street from their house- and... i see this neighbor outside- who my family has had a feud with for years. so, i keep talking to the dogs- b/c i'm big on talking to dogs- whether it's encouraging hershey to keep going, or- telling ike to stop trying to bite ike's ears.
i think hershey was getting annoyed at ike- for better way of saying it- and then as we're getting onto the driveway- the neighbor says to me, "they seem like a handful"... and i smiled and said- they just like to fight with each other... and the fact she talked to me... was shocking... so, then i get up to the garage door.. and of course the two dogs are wrestling in their wwf style.
so- hershey slips out of his collar and leash- and goes running on the property. so then i drop ike thinking- ike's been trained and maybe he'll stick around, and maybe this will get hershey to come inside.
no no... dumb a.
so, hershey and ike go after the neighbor- who is now like 4 houses away.
*let's please note- that in the chilly, end of summer morning- i'm dressed in a sweatshirt- and sweatpants.
... i run over to the neighbor- who has successfully caught ike since he had his leash on, but no no, i'm holding hershey's leash and- aghhhh, hershey's got that- "this is for all the times that ike got more attention than me" look on his face- and he takes a run for it.
it's like 9:45 am, and here this neighbor and i are, yelling "HERRSSSSHHEEEYYYYYYYY"... and hershey is enjoying this freedom.
i had not seen seven year old take a run like this- but oh, he did... and so, then ike and i start chasing him, neighbor continues on her walk.
... hershey does a run around this person's driveway... then sees an opening in the fence and goes for it. He's like over 100 LBS and the fact he could get through a 6 inch fence... DOG HAS FREEDOM flying through his brain, and he'll turn around, look at me with that... MORON look- (moron at me) then continue running.
i'll attach a picture for reference purposes... there's something about how Hershey cocks his head- and has slightly crossed eyes, that I find endearing and cute- but also he's got this large bull/cow like quality to him.. and oyyy.
So- at this point, I have Ike in one hand- I'm sweating PROFUSELY (b/c it's cool i'm wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt that still is fuzzy) BIG MISTAKE!
ike and i are chasing hershey- and hershey keeps running. he runs around the house, then goes to the next door neighbors- and goes and smells their plants. it's like- he's stopped and i'm like ok- maybe we can have a moment. Oh no. I come closer with Ike- and Hershey runs again. so now we're on the street side again- but no... Hershey knows the back yard is the way to go- and darts into these woods/rubbish area between two houses (yes, other side now)
Ike chooses this moment to do a huge WET gross dump (probably the chipmunks jumping out again) in the MIDDLE of the yard of the neighbors house with which we've been trespassing. I of course, have a plastic bag- and pick it up- but again, this gives Hershey time to run. I then go to grab my phone and call my mom- and right- my phone is now gone- I had it in my front pouch and it's gone.
so- I'm freaking out so much more now- and hear this loud bang. the only thing that goes through my mind is- turnpike is there- what did Hershey do? The family was coming home in one day- why was he doing this to me?
Turns out the bang is- this neighbor who I've never met- doing yard work. So- I see him- and I plead to him- can you help me catch Hershey?
This guy sees me- DRIPPING sweat- off my face, the neck of my sweatshirt is soaked... and righto! He basically sweet talks Hershey and goes to him.
Then we struggle to get the collar on- b/c the collar is so stretched out and Hershey's neck is kinda frayed off from the collar. (weird). So, oyyy right? So he gets the collar on Hershey, I put the leash on- and i basically walk the two dogs, holding onto their collars at home.
You think the drama is over?
No way-
So, I then get back to the XXXXs house... and call my mom on their land line. At this point I'm not showered and wanted to be on the way to Philly- and instead I have to go find my cell phone.
So my mom meets me outside- and we use her cell phone to try to find my phone.
We're like- trying to retrace all these steps- meanwhile- knowing that we're screwed b/c we're trespassing on someones property and so far we don't see anything.
we try the calling thing- and anyway- like 7-8 minutes into it- I see my phone, open and lying on the ground.
Amen.
But what a story right?
Ike didn't have any more accidents and everything went fine for the final day
(Until the son and his gf came home, and apparently Ike ate another baby rabbit for them... uh huh it was baby rabbit)
Much love,
A
----------------------------------------------
Email to the neighbor dated 9/3/10
Dear Mrs. XXXXX,
I'll give you a two day report right now... but let me start with- Ike ate a chipmunk today. We were outside- and he was smelling some part of your grass- while Hershey was dutifully following me around. Ike kept barking- and I was actually getting Hershey on the lead so we could do a little walk around the block. Ike walks towards me with a small creature- I'm guessing it was a chipmunk... it wasn't a squirrel, it didn't look like a mole- and it wasn't a mouse.
I was OF COURSE screaming at an above normal pitch to try to make him stop- good ol' Hershey just watched me with his sad eyes... and Ike- was intent to carry the sucker around... and while I was standing on your furniture... (I don't do small animals)... I believe Ike gulped him down. I don't know.... and sorry- I'm not going to find out. The neighbors didn't call the police, my mom didn't hear me- so I assume I should have screamed louder.
Anyway- it didn't come out in Ike's poop around the block- so I just hope it wasn't alive in there... I have no words really.
This of course reminds me of the time that Amy caught a mole in our garden- to my dad's delight... and Buxie has her eyes on all sorts of animals to eat... but- again, I hope it all happens for my dad... not me.
So- I would say Ike is well and has his protein fix.
Saturday was the hurricane day- on and off. We got probably four flash floods- so the plants/gardens are all thriving- and the dogs survived. Luckily today (Sunday) the humidity has lifted- and it looks like the next few days will be beautiful.
They get pretty hot... so I've had your fans on and opened a window today to get some fresh air in. They love eating icecubes- at all times... so, that's good- and clean fun for your porch. My guess is he doesn't really care about the noise- so, it was a rainy day kinda thing.
Ok- that's the update for now. I hope Ike is digesting ok... I'll let you know if it goes otherwise. I don't know how much the pink eye is clearing though- b/c both dogs still have pretty oozy eyes... I think Hershey is healing faster than Ike. I'll keep at it with the drops...
Hope all is well.
Best,
A
I'll give you a two day report right now... but let me start with- Ike ate a chipmunk today. We were outside- and he was smelling some part of your grass- while Hershey was dutifully following me around. Ike kept barking- and I was actually getting Hershey on the lead so we could do a little walk around the block. Ike walks towards me with a small creature- I'm guessing it was a chipmunk... it wasn't a squirrel, it didn't look like a mole- and it wasn't a mouse.
I was OF COURSE screaming at an above normal pitch to try to make him stop- good ol' Hershey just watched me with his sad eyes... and Ike- was intent to carry the sucker around... and while I was standing on your furniture... (I don't do small animals)... I believe Ike gulped him down. I don't know.... and sorry- I'm not going to find out. The neighbors didn't call the police, my mom didn't hear me- so I assume I should have screamed louder.
Anyway- it didn't come out in Ike's poop around the block- so I just hope it wasn't alive in there... I have no words really.
This of course reminds me of the time that Amy caught a mole in our garden- to my dad's delight... and Buxie has her eyes on all sorts of animals to eat... but- again, I hope it all happens for my dad... not me.
So- I would say Ike is well and has his protein fix.
Saturday was the hurricane day- on and off. We got probably four flash floods- so the plants/gardens are all thriving- and the dogs survived. Luckily today (Sunday) the humidity has lifted- and it looks like the next few days will be beautiful.
They get pretty hot... so I've had your fans on and opened a window today to get some fresh air in. They love eating icecubes- at all times... so, that's good- and clean fun for your porch. My guess is he doesn't really care about the noise- so, it was a rainy day kinda thing.
Ok- that's the update for now. I hope Ike is digesting ok... I'll let you know if it goes otherwise. I don't know how much the pink eye is clearing though- b/c both dogs still have pretty oozy eyes... I think Hershey is healing faster than Ike. I'll keep at it with the drops...
Hope all is well.
Best,
A
==============
omg... and then i found this gem i sent sara... and i'm choking with laughter, god i'm dramatic.
Sent: 8/30/2009 5:49:22 PM
Subject: oh lord...
i didn't tell mrs.XXXXX that ike eats hershey's poop and tries to lick his
pee.
I've seen this a few times now.
I'm horrified.
Buxie does not need to hang out with "those" kind of dogs.
Subject: oh lord...
i didn't tell mrs.XXXXX that ike eats hershey's poop and tries to lick his
pee.
I've seen this a few times now.
I'm horrified.
Buxie does not need to hang out with "those" kind of dogs.


No comments:
Post a Comment